The Municipal Officials Training Academy is an educational collaborative program of the Municipal League of Metro St. Louis and Cunningham, Vogel & Rost, P.C., for approved municipal officials and employees within Missouri and seeks to provide practical, relevant, and efficient training on municipal issues, laws, and best practices or policies to serve municipalities and their constituent residents and taxpayers designed to provide a unique training experience by using technology to provide convenient training opportunities and by evolving and improving based on member comments.
Each training session is pre-approved to ensure that every presentation meets the program conditions and high quality mandates of the Academy. These conditions and mandates may be summarized within the following four tenants:
Convenient, Appropriate, and Easy Access
- Variety of formats and times.
- Attendance options of webinar access or subsequent viewing of recorded presentations for Training Academy members;
- Technology to allow dialogue and questions; and
- Environment/procedures that encourage open discussion and discourage improper use of discussion or materials against public entities.
Directly Useful Topics
- Topics specific to Missouri local government law and issues;
- Training directly to local government officials and employees on timely, relevant topics; and
- Evolving criteria:
- Tailored to meet local official education needs; and
- Topics that grow and change based on attendee input.
High Quality Presentations
- Review system for topics material, and presentations.
- Presentations to be submitted and reviewed by Academy staff before the session; and
- Participant evaluations that play a key role in future topic and speaker approval.
- Speaker/Presentation criteria.
- Presentation conditions made available to prospective speakers to ensure program conditions and quality.
- Each presentation intended to have a practical and useful “deliverable” or take-away.
- Best practices to have a united approach; and
- Top practical recommendations, sample ordinances, forms or policies, etc.
Participation in the Academy is only for current elected or appointed officials or employees of a Missouri municipality or other approved individual. The materials and information presented may only be used or shared solely for purposes directly related to your role as a municipal official or for purposes of advancing or consistent with the interests of such municipalities. All registrations are subject to approval by the Training Academy.